Chechnya and the North Caucasus
€ 48.00incl. MwSt., excl. shipping costs
From the Black Sea to the Caspian Shores
Edited by Gianluca Pardelli
With contributions by Thomas Paul Mayer,
Tom Brennecke, Caroline Purps, Kristina Walker, Nikolay Yuryevich Vassiliev, Igor Avenirovich Bychkov, and Artur Georgievich Tokarev
The "Architectural Guide Chechnya and the North Caucasus" represents the first pioneering work of its type to shed light on a little-known mountainous region split between Europe and Asia, one of the few places on Earth that can claim a varied amalgam of ethnic cities, languages, cultures, a remarkable architectural legacy, and human puzzles.
This ground-breaking and comprehensive vademecum, collecting unreleased materials and more than 130 buildings scattered throughout seven geographical and ethno-cultural areas of the North Caucasus, is a unique piece of literature to anyone interested in the culture, the history and, of course, the captivating architectural heritage of this mysterious patch of Earth.
• Sochi: Holidays in the USSR
• The Ancient Land of the Circassians
• Spas, Sanatoriums, and Drinking Galleries
• Magas and Ingushetia’s Stone Towers
• Vladikavkaz: Ruler of the Caucasus
• Grozny and the Chechen Highlands
• Dagestan: Mountain Hamlets and Modernist
• Soviet Monumental Art: Memorials and Mosaics
135 x 245 mm
Here you can find the blurb.